W10- 8/15-8/19/2022 - G6+ - AM: Graphic Design: Visual Thinking + PM: Science: Little Inventor Mission: Space Travel*with VR (VR Specific)
AM. Graphic Design: Visual Thinking
This course aims to equip you with Graphic Design skillsets and branding mastery techniques. Not only will you create your own projects to a proficient level, but you also will gain transferrable art and communication skills.
Students will learn:
- drawing and painting fundamentals (deep focus)
- core Principle of Visual Design: symmetry, scale, framing, hierarchy, and grids
- to create logos, pattern designs, and marketing products design that communicates
- build up a personal art portfolio
PM. Science: Little Inventor Mission: Space Travel*with VR (VR Specific)
What will be more motivated than when young students know their wildest science ideas have the opportunities to be made real by scientists, engineers, or artists? This course will be well-integrated with Little Inventor's challenge and NASA's Space Place, teaching students astronomy and product design. At the end of this course, the drawing of ideas will be submitted to the Little Inventors website for competition and inspiration input.
Who are Little Inventors: Little Inventors is a creative education organization that inspires imagination by taking children's amazing ideas seriously. They create opportunities for makers to bring children's imagination to life. Ideas made real.
Students will learn
- Earth and Space Sciences
- Engineering, Technology, and Applications of Science
- problem-solving skills
- product design skills
- to communicate solutions with others in oral and written forms
- to explain detailed ideas with drawings or models