- By Subject
- Register before March 31st! W5- 7/10-7/14/2023 - G4-G6- AM: Golf + PM: Champion Spelling Bee
Register before March 31st! W5- 7/10-7/14/2023 - G4-G6- AM: Golf + PM: Champion Spelling Bee
Golf is an incredible way to get some of our more athletically hesitant friends into sports! While friendly competition is encouraged, we are encouraging sportsmanship and socialization. We want to make new friends and reinforce established relationships. Golf may be low intensity, but it is a fantastic physical activity. Playing will strengthen core muscles which helps keep the spine healthy. Golf is also great for endurance and flexibility.
Students will learn:
- The fundamentals of Golf
- Proper use of equipment
- Course etiquette/behavior
- How to strategize
- To enjoy nature away from devices
PM. Champion Spelling Bee
With Phonics, a teaching method for reading and writing, your child can decode a word by its sound. To build strong Phonics skills and to keep the learning engaging. In this class learning will be extremely hands-on and interactive. Our Spelling Bee contestants will train for the Champion Spelling Bee at the end of the week! Who will be the winner?
Students will learn
- the sound of letter and letter group, how to merge sounds
- associations between letters and sounds
- to spell unfamiliar words from sounds, cues, and context