- By Subject
- Visual Art
- Register before March 31st! W1(6/12-6/15/2023) - G4-G6- AM: Young Artist - Pop Art Painting PM:. Broadcast Journalism: Youth in Media
Register before March 31st! W1(6/12-6/15/2023) - G4-G6- AM: Young Artist - Pop Art Painting PM:. Broadcast Journalism: Youth in Media
AM. Young Artist - Pop Art Painting
At this camp, Kids will learn from the master Pop artists, through visual and verbal instruction, our teacher will teach your child to produce beautiful, vibrant art pieces you and your child will cherish forever. The students will explore a variety of fun and exciting themes as well as learn and develop their skills.
The students will learn:
- collage, mixed media,
- art history- what is Pop Art?
- who are some famous Pop Artists?
- bold colors,
- bold images of everyday items, such as soup cans, painted in bright colors.
PM. Broadcast Journalism: Youth in Media
Reading news is an interesting way to promote literacy. It’s also essential to staying informed about current events. Students will read news articles, of great interest and curated for kids, to practice and master the essential skill of reading comprehension. Questions and presentations that are geared to skill strengthening will be included in this course. After this course, students may need to start getting used to people asking them "How did you know that?"
Students will learn:
- topics of Education, Health, Nation, Science and more
- how to understand key details in PBS NewsHour, and be able to describe central message, lesson, or moral viewpoint
- to understand characters, setting, or plot
- the overall structure of news
- Speaking, Grammar, Vocabulary, Cultures
- to write news