- By Subject
- Visual Art
- GK-G3 W10 -8/14-8/18/2023-AM. Reading Beyond Books: Comic + PM. Art of Master Artist - Matisse
GK-G3 W10 -8/14-8/18/2023-AM. Reading Beyond Books: Comic + PM. Art of Master Artist - Matisse
AM. Reading Beyond Books: Comic
Reading Beyond Books: Comic
Reluctant readers are often drawn to comics and graphic novels. The pictures illustrate scenes, allowing for shorter dialogue. Avid readers may be drawn to the visual artistry that allows them to see characters and scenery, in ways that may be difficult to translate verbally. In short, comics are a fun way to keep your young readers engaged in the joys of reading.
Students will learn:
- to enjoy reading and comprehension
- to know how the language is used in this form of art
- Visualizing and understanding dialogue with or without illustrations
PM. Art of Master Artist - Matisse
Henri Matisse was a French artist who is best known for his use of color and his masterful and fluid draftsmanship/line work. He was one of the leaders spearheading the Fauvist art movement.
Learn and create similar to Henri Matisse 's paper cut patterns and his collage, painting which made him world famous
The Students will Learn:
- Creating cut-paper collages,
- Art History- what is Fauvism?
- positive & negative shapes