W9 (8/- 8/11/2023) - G4-6 AM. Space Mission Possible! What it takes to make it to space+Capstone: Little Inventor Project + PM. Let Data Speaks Create Web Applications
Space Mission Possible! What it takes to make it to space+Capstone: Little Inventor Project
- Space Mission Possible! is a VR course designed to introduce participants to the engineering and technology behind space exploration. Through interactive lectures, simulations, and projects, they will explore the world of aerospace engineering and build their own space-ready inventions. In the capstone project, participants will design their own project that they can create with an Oculus Rift headset and PC, culminating in a presentation where they showcase their invention to the class. This course provides an exciting and engaging opportunity to explore the possibilities of what could be achieved in the world of space engineering.
Students will learn:
1. Students will use the Oculus VR program to explore the various aspects of a space mission, from its planning stages to the end result of a successful launch.
2. Students will learn about the different types of rockets and their components that are used in a space mission.
3. Students will understand how fuel, trajectory and velocity are key factors in successful space travel.
4. Students will gain an understanding of the dangers of space travel, and the necessity of safety precautions.
5. Students will create a "Little Inventor Project" for grade 4-6 focused on building a model rocket and launching it.
6. Students will design and build their own model rocket using various materials and successfully launch it in a safe environment.
7. Students will collaborate with one another to troubleshoot any problems that arise during the project.
8. Students will evaluate their rocket launch success and share their experiences with the class.
Let Data Speaks Create Web Applications