- By Subject
- Visual Art
- W5 (7/10 - 7/14/2023) G6+ AM. Option1, News Reporting and Writing; Option2, Illustration + PM, Portrait Painting-Oil
W5 (7/10 - 7/14/2023) G6+ AM. Option1, News Reporting and Writing; Option2, Illustration + PM, Portrait Painting-Oil
218 388 $198.00 - $358.00
News Reporting and Writing (G6+)
- While the ways in which the American public consumes news are constantly evolving, with the endless news cycle and digital media have created a huge demand for high-quality content. News Reporting and Writing Camp is here for our students who are interested to try out being journalists.
- In this camp, students will develop and build upon their ability to write clearly and concisely, research and gather information, think and read critically, ask critical questions, examine the evidence, and analyze text for bias.
- This weeklong vector illustration class is designed for students who want to explore the world of vector art and develop their skills in creating digital illustrations. Students will learn the basics of vector illustration using software such as Adobe Illustrator, including shapes, paths, typography, color, and composition. By the end of the course, students will have developed a portfolio of their own vector illustrations and have a strong foundation in the art of vector illustration
Portrait Painting-Oil (G6+)
- Teach the students the fundamentals of portrait painting with oil. After direct instruction and guided practice, students will have a chance to paint a portrait and offer classmates constructive feedback on their work.
- After this lesson, students will be able to analyze ,describe , interpret and judge characteristics of portrait painting follow a step-by-step process of painting a portrait & participate in a productive peer critique
- Oil paints
- Paint brushes
- Portrait painting
- Preparatory drawing