218 388 $218.00 - $388.00
- The students will spend time creating creative nonfiction in a constructive, supportive atmosphere.
- Students write and read every day and gain a new appreciation for what it is to not only write but write well.
- During this camp, we will encourage writers to share, demonstrate step-by-step how to complete each strategy; allow students time to use the strategy with chosen or assigned topics, and share their ideas as well.
PM: Portrait Drawing (G5+)
- Learn to sketch a portrait from scratch by exploring a variety of drawing techniques and bring it to life using basic shapes, tones, shadows, and line work
- The teacher takes you step by step through the process, starting with drawing exercises to warm up, sketching proportional facial features, adding detail with tones and shadows, to creating texture with line work. By the end of this week, you will be able to draw realistic and captivating portraits from scratch.
- Introduction to drawing materials
- Quality of line
- Tonal scale exercises
- Shading techniques
- Rule of thirds and image
- Rendering light
- Dry Media
- Vine and compressed charcoal
- Graphite Pencil 2H-6B,