W9 - 8/8-8/12/2022 - PK- AM. My Friends and Me + PM. We're Going to the Market!
AM. Mandarin Bilingual Fun
*Instruction Language: Mandarin & English
My Friends and Me
- Literacy: Personal pronouns, verbs, plural forms
- Math: Numbers, groups, patterns, and addition
- Social: describing friends, toys, themselves
- Art: Drawings and watercolors of friends, pets, objects
- *Chinese folktales, traditional Mandarin songs and poetry are part of this curriculum.
*Instruction Language: English
We Are Going to the Market
Public Speaking: Role-playing as shoppers, cashiers
Social Studies: Street Markets around the world, stories of family markets
Math: adding cash and coins, buying and selling
Science: the life cycle of plants, food groups, chemical reactions in cooking
Creative Arts: Visual art and music about markets, stores, and easy economics