W9- 8/8-8/12/2022 - GK-G3- AM: Public Speaking: Young Diplomat + PM: Art Meets Math: Geometry and Imagination + Field trip
AM. Public Speaking: Young Diplomat
Our Young Diplomats will take the role of world leaders and address current events. The Diplomats will share information about their countries and debate current events. In these debates, students will learn to address the needs of their chosen countries, while creating a friendly compromise with others.
The Goals for our Young Diplomats are:
- To strengthen reading comprehension and vocabulary
- To prepare and present better speeches, debates, classroom reports, and more...
- To do research and organize their ideas to form better speeches
- To practice steps to improve confidence to overcome fears
- To develop powerful social communication habits
- To debate, cooperate and compromise with others
PM. Art Meets Math: Geometry and Imagination
Some may ask, "Is Geometry art or math?" The frequently seen answers are "both". Geometric art and math both require spatial reasoning skills and can be analytical. In the art process, geometry is used as a basic tool to build shapes, and they can be emotional, vibrant, colorful, and memorable.
Students will learn
- to create art with different geometric forms
- history of Art Movement: Geometric abstraction, Suprematism Futurism
- Elements of Art and Principles of Design
- drawing and composition fundamentals
- and much more!
*Once a week fieldtrip is included.