W1(6/13-6/17/2022) - G4-G6- AM: Tik Tok Boot Camp + PM: Reading Comprehension: PBS NewsHour
AM. Tik Tok Boot Camp
Tik Tok Boot Camp is not all about posting on Social Media, it’s making Digital Film Shorts. After students learn how to keep themselves safe on social media, they will learn the basics of making digital short films. Students will write a short script, develop characters, plan shots and direct their films. Students will find new ways to express themselves; use their leadership skills; plan group projects, and produce short films in a safe environment.
On the final day of class, we will have a Movie Premier!
*Note: No Tik Tok account will be created for students. All made-for-kids videos shown to the class will be curated by the teacher.
Knowledge and Skills Developed:
- Filmmaking Techniques
- Cybersecurity & privacy protection
- Reading and Writing
- Time Management
- Group work
PM. Reading Comprehension: PBS NewsHour
Reading news is an interesting way to promote literacy. Students will read PBS NewsHour-Kids that are high-interest to practice and master the essential skill of reading comprehension. Questions and presentations that are geared to skill strengthening will be included in this course.
Students will learn:
- topics of Education, Health, Nation, Science and more
- how to understand key details in PBS NewsHour, and be able to describe central message, lesson, or moral
- to understand characters, setting, or plot
- the overall structure of news
- Speaking, Grammar, Vocabulary, Cultures
- to write news