W11 - 8/22-8/26/2022 -GK-G3-AM. Science: Little Inventor Mission: Space Travel*with VR (VR Specific) +PM. Survival Sewing
AM. Science: Little Inventor Mission: Space Travel*with VR (VR Specific)
opportunities to be made real? This course will be well-integrated with Little Inventor's challenge and NASA's Space Place, teaching students astronomy and product design. At the end of this course, the pictures of ideas will be submitted to the Little Inventors website for competition and inspiration input.
Who are Little Inventors: Little Inventors is a creative education organization that inspires imagination by taking children's amazing ideas seriously. They create opportunities for makers to bring children's imagination to life. Ideas made real.
Students will learn:
- Earth and Space Sciences
- Engineering, Technology, and Applications of Science
- problem-solving skills
- product design skills
- to communicate solutions with others in oral and written forms
- to explain detailed ideas with drawings or models
PM. Survival Sewing
In the Zombie Apocalypse, can you survive? It might not sound like much, but the ability to sew a simple stitch can determine how long you can make it. How about sewing for sustainability? Why throw out gently damaged clothing, when you can stitch them up with a little fancy needlework? What kinds of materials would we need to make a tent? Let’s just learn this essential life skill.
Students will learn
- the basics of hand sewing
- how to make a pattern
- fundamentals of hand sewing including basic stitches that will allow them to sew simple clothing, plushies, or crafts without the need for a sewing machine.