- By Subject
- Visual Art
- GK-G3 W8 - 7/31-8/4/2023 -AM. Young Fashion Designer - Apparel Creations + PM. Champion Spelling Bee
GK-G3 W8 - 7/31-8/4/2023 -AM. Young Fashion Designer - Apparel Creations + PM. Champion Spelling Bee
AM. Young Fashion Designer - Apparel Creations
Apparel creation taps in to children’s natural desire to express themselves through clothing in fun and stimulating environment that encourages creative visioning, and self-expression. Students will learn technical aspects of design such as composition and pattern while cultivating their originality through conceptual thinking. Students will borrow inspiration from today’s trends to create designs that demonstrate their individual tastes and styles
Students will learn
- how to ideate, sketch, sew and embellish his or her own stylish wearable product, while laying a foundation of practical skills that will last a lifetime.
PM. Champion Spelling Bee
With Phonics, a teaching method for reading and writing, a child can decode a word by its sound. To build strong Phonics skills and to keep the learning engaging, this class will be extremely hands-on and interactive. Our Spelling Bee contestants will train for the Champion Spelling Bee at the end of the week! Who will be the winner?
Students will learn:
- the sound of letter and letter group, how to merge sounds
- associations between letters and sounds
- to spell unfamiliar words from sounds, cues, and context